Tuesday, 26 January, 2016 - 09:00
Open source software is the generic name for both a legal construct to share intellectual property and an approach to cooperative software development. While this approach has demonstrated its ability to produce world-class software, the potential benefts and efciencies of open source are not, however, always achieved, indeed, far from it. Publishing code is not enough to develop a community of developers and only a minority of open source projects actually make it to stardom. This is certainly why open source remains a challenge for many IT professionals who still prefer to see the downside of open source.
The aim of the AppHub project is to support the market outreach strategies of EU-supported open source by launching AppHub, the European open source market place. AppHub is a service platform that will help the market to seamlessly identify, position and implement the software outcomes of these projects.
SQuAT Fest objectives
The main objective of the SQuAT Fest is to assist European open source project to bring their software into the AppHub European Open Source Marketplace. In addition, we like to understand the current state of open source software as developed by EU funded projects, and how we can assist them to improve their quality assurance and governance processes.
Who should participate
- Project coordinators who like to understand how to establish proper open source governance as part of the exploitation strategy of their projects.
- Technical people who like to employ a platform for showcasing their results to make their work known, and are interested to learn about tools for software quality assurance.
Please do not prepare slides! We like participants to engage in an open dialogue about the challenges, problem, and success stories on open source software development.
Please prepare a short statement about:
- Your project in general, and the software you are developing under an open source license;
- the group of users that you address with your software;
- the measures that you employ in order to ensure that you deliver quality software;
- the way you manage your community of contributors and users;
- the expectations that you have on our workshop;
- Remember: No slides!
Bring your software! If you have executables and an installation procedure ready we can immediately assist to bring your software into the AppHub Open Source Marketplace. We will organize a hands-on session on the AppHub platform and the Quality Assurance tool set of OW2.
The AppHub SQuAT Fest is taking place at:
Avenue de Beaulieu 25,
Room to be confirmed
Registration is now open - REGISTER!