What problem is the solution/service trying to solve for IaaS customers?
• IaaS customers (such as Software as a Service providers ) are looking for efficiency in performance that will help them stabilize the QoS offered towards their own customers. This stability is ensuring the appropriateness of the pricing schemes offered but needs to be based on a measurable approach. They also need to offer various discrete QoS vs Cost options, to fit their end users requirements. However the multitude of providers, offerings sizes etc. creates a chaotic selection field;
• Public IaaS customers need also means of verifying that their Service Level Agreements are maintained, following the strict definitions of these legally binding documents in terms of ways to prove that a violation has occurred;
• IaaS customers are looking for flexibility in deployment, management and migration between IaaS services.
What problem is the solution/service trying to solve for IaaS providers?
Cloud providers are aiming to enhance their Quality of Service (QoS). This can be achieved by suitably scheduling non-competing virtualized resources, thus enabling a minimization of user experience disruption and performance degradation. To enable optimized system planning and resources allocation, predictability with relation to neighbour caused overheads needs to be in place. This is often not possible since IaaS providers have little knowledge of the customer’s applications. Through application profiling during runtime, interference investigation and distribution/shaping of computational load, resource consumption can be controlled on a micro- and macroscopic level in a way, which is most profitable for the provider, while enhancing performance stability aspects.
CloudPerfect is designed for IaaS customers (and consultants)and for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers. With CloudPerfect:
- IaaS customers can easily select the provider that best fits their needs, tailored to their specific application type.
- Cloud providers can reach higher performance stability of their offer and improve customer trust.
CloudPerfect supports: cloud customers in finding the “perfect cloud” which fits their specific needs and cloud providers in improving trust of their existing and potential customers.
How does CloudPerfect support IaaS customers?
CloudPerfect offers IaaS customers a toolkit which provides them:
• Performance rankings consideration to minimize time needed to review and select the appropriate provider;
• Clear and abstracted price/profit trade-offs, through reliable measurement tools/metrics, based on measurements performed against the compared services in a repetitive manner;
• Reliable monitoring and fast reporting of SLA compliance of public IaaS services, adapting to the terms and conditions of each service;
• A generic, cloud provider independent, deployment and application management tool, to help avoid vendor lock-in, on the basis of different criteria and management logic;
• Means to understand the computational needs of their application and map it to the performance rankings.
How does CloudPerfect support IaaS providers?
CloudPerfect offers cloud providers a way to model different application categories usage patterns as well as predict the effect of certain categories groups, when scheduled on nearby resources, enabling the ability to better control the behaviour of the offered services.
Furthermore, CloudPerfect applies black box profiling and dynamic categorization of hosted applications, in order to map customers running instances to the predefined application categories, thus giving insight to the provider, so that consolidation with minimized overheads can be performed.
By using CloudPerfect IaaS providers will obtain higher consistency in performance ratings, less fluctuation on the monitored metrics and become more attractive to cloud users.